CR - Prerequisites To Principality

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Jan 30 15:09:03 PST 1998

S. Bairrington wrote:

> For those of us who have just walked into the middle of this thread, what
> groups are considered central

Welcome to the discussion!

The Central Region includes:

Barony of the Steppes (greater Dallas)
Barony of Elfsea (Tarrant County)
Shire of Emerald Keep (Waco)
Shire of Black Oak Keep (Greenville) (they've decided not to dissolve
for now, after all)
Shire of Rosenfeld (Tyler)
Shire of Graywood (Nacogdoches & Lufkin)
Incipient Canton of Lindenwood (Steppes) (Irving)
Canton of Glaslyn (Steppes - was defunct, now being re-formed) (Denton)
Canton of Dun na Locha Ruadh (Elfsea) (Benbrook, west Fort Worth)
Canton of Dragonsfire Tor (Elfsea) (Stephenville)
Incipient Canton of Three Bridges (Elfsea) (UT Arlington)

I think that's all.  There's a (slightly-out-of-date)
Central Region website at
<http://www.uta.edu/student_orgs/sca/centregn.htm>.

> and likely to become this widely discussed
> principality?

But an honest appraisal of the situation suggests that
there won't be a principality in the foreseeable future,
our discussions notwithstanding.  For now, it seems to
just be a topic.

More concrete is the hopes of some of us to undertake a
project or three to help the development of the smaller
groups.

I hope this helps.

- Galen