CR - BOUNCEY Mail from Gunthar

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:00:13 PST 1998

Gunthar, for some wierd reason your post about Gulf War thought it
was an admin request when it reached majordomo.  Quoted in full
below; I've tried not to lose your paragraphing due to quoting ...
Amra

---mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com (Michael F. Gunter) wrote:
> Subject: Gulf Wars
> Greetings to the Central Region!
>
> Gulf War VII is over, the forces have returned home and peace
> returns to the three kingdoms. Since I have seen no true
> reports of the War I will take the opportunity to give news
> to those who stayed home and rememberances to those
> who went.
>
> Sir Mahdi, Baron Llewllyn, or Mistress Stella could probably
> give better details on the number of fighters we fielded and
> such but I fought with the Central forces in nearly every
> battle and I must say I was impressed. Though many of
> the fighters were fairly new to chivalric combat they did
> what was asked of them and fought courageously. The Central
> forces never hesitated to perform the duties asked of them
> (even if it sometimes meant suicide) and we accounted for
> many kills. Though the Central was usually held as a reserve
> force that didn't mean they got no action. Quite the contrary.
> Being reserve means that you have to hit the place where the
> fighting is the most ferocious. Well done to all of
> you.
>
> Other noteworthy actions of Central Region members:
>  - Don Brendan MacEwan won one of the Rapier lists.
>  - Baroness Zara Zina recieved a score of 9 out of 10 for
>    her research paper entry in the War Point A&S.
>  - THL Thyra of Black Oak Keep was called upon at the last
>    minute for an entry into the War Point A&S. Her scroll
>    was to be entered into the non-War Point A&S so she brought
>    no documentation other than a photo of her inspiration.
>    Even with no documentation her entry recieved an 8 out of
>    10. (Most entries recieved 7's.)
>  - The Steppes Ballista crew were out in force making life
>    miserable for the opposing sides in the siege battles.
>  - THL Richard Fairborne, Ly. Averial, Ld Sharn, Sir Mahadi,
>    Ly. Annabel, and many others volunteered their time. This
>    made the War run smoother as well as helping win the
>    Volunteer War Point.
>  - House Porto donated their huge torches for the Torchlight
>    tourney.
>  - Sir Mahdi, Mistress Stella, and I were selected for the
>    Chivalric Champions' War Point. Don Brendan, Ld Valentyn,
>    and Ly. Conal were selected for the Rapier War Point
>    Champions. (Llewellyn, were you in that as well?)
>  - Master Cedric kicked butt in the War Point Bardic.
>  - House Porto hosted the Knowne Worlde now-(In-)Famous
>    Kamakasi Party.
>
> Okay, what else? These are just some memories off the top of
> my head and I know there are other stories of Central people
> to share. Let's give word-fame to all who deserve it.
>
> To Ansteorra in general and the Central Region in particular.
> WELL DONE!!!!
>
> Yers,
> Gunthar

===
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Var.e-mail: kihe at rocketmail.com,KiheBard at aol.com,MikeCBaker at aol.com