CR - Rosenfeld Demo

Sarah Peck speckld at tenet.edu
Wed Feb 25 17:00:50 PST 1998

Howdy!

For those of you that didn't get the attachments sent by Lady
Arabella...

Announcing - The Rosenfeld Spring Demo - April 4th, 1998

	The people of Rosenfeld wish to announce a Demo to be held Saturday,
April 4th 1998 in the city of Canton, Texas during the Canton First
Monday weekend.  The site is a mercantile park called The Mountain (see
maps).  For there of you unfamiliar with Canton First Monday, this is a
huge trade fair held during the weekend before the First Monday of each
month.  During peak weekends as many as 200,000 people will pass
through.  After searching long and hard we have found what we believe to
be the perfect site for a demonstration during this event.
	The Mountain is an independent group of shops and facilities located on
a beautifully wooded area at the east edge of Canton.  It was
established three years ago as an 'old West' theme area.  It includes
over 80 shops, stores and other facilities.  The management of The
Mountain has extended an invitation to the SCA to come and give a Demo
in hopes that our participation will attract potential customers to
their shops.  We will be free to wander the area at will, set up A&S,
performance, and combat demonstrations, wherever we want all at no
charge to us.  We have been asked to invite SCA merchants to come and
see the many shops and pavilions available for lease or sale at very
good prices.  The management is very eager to see this area grow and we
believe it has tremendous potential as a site for future SCA events and
for merchants seeking an attractive and affordable place to sell their
wares.
	We invite anyone interested to come and participate with us.  We will
welcome artisans and craftsmen, performance artists, and people to
participate in combat demos, both heavy and light.  There are toilet
facilities and eating establishments on the site, and bathrooms with
showers nearby.  Traffic on a First Monday weekend can be rough so it is
best to arrive early.  There will be a group from Rosenfeld camping at
the site Friday night and you are invited to loin us.  Parking for shop
owners and for SCA folk is on the East side of the site an Hwy. 17.  You
can access Hwy. 17 directly from I-2O and avoid a lot of the worst
traffic.  We will post SCA signs at the entrance to the parking area and
the rear enhance to The Mountain.  No cars are allowed on the mountain
from 8:00 am to 8:00 p.m. except to load and unload.
For further information contact either of the individuals listed below
(no calls after 10:00 p.m. please).

Lord Fergus O'Siadhail	or		Lord Stephan Blackstok
(mka Scott Snowden)			(mka Steve Suggs)
(903) 845-7801				(903) 597-7359

Note: This material, including maps, may be reproduced and propagated at
will by anyone who wishes to do so.

ED NOTE(The maps could not be reproduced with good integrity.  I have
listed the directions by viewing the map.  Directions - From Dallas I-20
east,  towards Canton, pass Exit #527/Hwy. 19.  Continue to Exit #528/
Hwy. 17 turn south/right.  The SCA/shop owners parking is on the left,
the rear entrance is on the right.  It doesn't say how far to travel.)

--
Sarah Peck
Fred F. Florence Middle School
work:  dps21 at flash.net