CR - Name and Armory Ramblings

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Feb 27 09:49:25 PST 1998

> From kihe at rocketmail.com Fri Feb 27 11:27:30 1998
> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:30:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Mike C. Baker" <kihe at rocketmail.com>
> Subject: Re: CR - Name and Armory Ramblings

> Sheesh, Gunthar, I was laughing along wit' cha, mon'.
>
> Maybe I needed to do more subtitles myself...
> particularly when I combine silly & serious in the same message.

I guess your humor is a little too dry for this Three Stooges lover. :-{)}
(smiley face inserted)

Taking something that is humorous and analyzing it is the quickest way
to destroy what makes it funny.

Yeah, if you had posted the amusing bits and THEN the serious bits I don't
think there would have been miscommunication. Notice that I rarely use
humor when I'm making a real statement and then my humorous stuff usually
tries to be totally absurd.

> BUT ... what about the centaur & wolf ideas? Could they be worked
> in? Are they worth doing more research into?

I think the Centaur would be a good Totem as well as a small pun. We would
have to check with the Capital H's to see if we could use it as a charge.
The "horseman" symbolism would be very appropriate to Texas, especially
Dallas and Ft. Worth.

I do have a problem with a wolf as a supporter. Two problems actually.
The first is that in the Middle Ages wolves were ranked right up there
with the way we consider Pit Bulls. Their ferocity is respected but they
were mainly feared and loathed by the general populace.

The other is that in the Society wolves have been done to death. It seems that
anybody who thinks they are a rebel adopts some sort of wolf symbol. I
understand the reasoning of the Fenris wolf but let's please not fall into
that trap.

> ===
> Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike

Yers,

Gunthar