CR - Name and Armory Ramblings

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 27 18:06:10 PST 1998

---"Timothy A. McDaniel" <tmcd at crl.com> wrote:
> Real wolves are neat.  I gather that medieval attitudes were
> that they weren't.  They certainly were rare in period
> armory.

Daniel, I realize that Germanic heraldry is probably not among your
strong interests, but I just thought of a wolf-related charge that
was more than a little common in-period, at least in Germany (maybe
Poland and east/northward?): that funky wolf's-teeth geometric
charge / pseudo-line-of-division.

A matter of in-period inter-kingdom anthropology, perhaps, with the
Norse/Germanic areas more familiar with wolves than lions, and more
apt to use their positive symbology.

Sorry to hear about the losss of the alpha-female. I've seen at
least some of your pictures...

Running out the door to try and reach populace before *everyone* is
gone, Amra

===
Adios -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com