CR - Fw: ANST - Crown

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Mon Oct 26 05:41:17 PST 1998

As not everyone on the regional list subscribes to the full
Kingdom list, and the news is appropriate to the Central
Region, here then is the most comprehensive report of
this last weekend's Crown Tournament that I have seen
to date.

Congratulations to TRH Gunthar and Thyra, scheduled
next January to ascend the Stellar Thrones!

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (Steppes, Ansteorra)
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com

----------
> From: Alexis <drwise at swbell.net>
> To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: ANST - Crown
> Date: Sunday, October 25, 1998 12:32 PM
>
> > Greeting all..
> >
> > Congradulations to Sir Gunther and Lady Thyra.
> >
> > But I would like details of the event...ie...who was the last 2
> > left...etc..
>

> Greetings everyone, here are a few of the details:
>
> There were 31 fighters in the list.  Of those, 13 were belted and
18
> were unbelted.  Overall the fighting was the cleanest crown
tournament
> that I can ever recall seeing with much chivalry and courtesy
displayed
> by one and all.  Throughout the entire day I did not hear one
person
> complaining of calibration on the field, and when there was a
question,
> it was resolved by the fighters involved to their satisfaction.
> The semi-finalists were Sir Gunther, Duke Kein,  Duke Richard and
Sir
> Alexis.  Sir Gunther defeated Duke Kein and Duke Richard defeated
Sir
> Alexis to advance to the final round.  During the final bout Sir
Gunther
> claimed the first point, Duke Richard the second and Sir Gunther
the
> final point for the crown.  The final fights ended with Duke
Richard
> being the first to congratulate his new prince amidst the roar of
the
> crowd's approval for the fight.  Her highness Lady Thyra was not
able to
> be present during the tournament, so by royal decree the results
were
> kept close to the vest.  Her highness discovered the true results
of the
> day in their Majesties court that evening, much to her surprise.
All in