CR - Grave Tidings from Steppes

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Wed Nov 25 21:23:09 PST 1998

I have just been informed that Ansteorra has added yet
another of its stars to the vault of the heavens this evening.
Her Excellency, Baroness to the Court of Ansteorra, the
Honorable Lady Vashti of the Flaming Tresses,
passed from this existence to the next earlier today.

Dancers, what step is appropriate to pace out a dirge
in memory of the fallen? Teach us to tread it rightly,
as she would have herself were she still here.

Fools, be still a moment, and remember. Laugh again
when you must, and help us all to laugh again once we
have been through our grief.

Tellers of tales, singers, poets -- you know what it is that
must be done.  May the Powers grant that you will do
this silenced lady justice as you make your rememberances.

Potentates and fyrd-folk, take heed and recall, and command
that your subjects and your oath-takers do likewise.

It is a season of thanksgiving.  Give thanks that in the end
she slipped away swiftly, after so much had been pain in
her recent mortal illness.

Remember.

Another dancer now "weaves under the fire-thorn".

(As of this writing, I have heard no additional details as to
services.  Please, be considerate in how and where you
pass the word, and what you leave in any messages.
Our too-recent lessons as a Kingdom should guide
and guard each one of us.)

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (Steppes, Ansteorra)
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com