ANST-Announce - Chivalric List at ATYC

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Tue Jun 29 09:09:18 PDT 1999

	Greetings All!

	I hope that everyone is looking forward to the grand celebration of
our kingdom's 20th anniversary and coronation of Their Royal Highnesses
Daffyd and Octavia. This is just a short informational note/reminder for all
who plan to fight in the chivalric list at ATYC. The list will be fought as
a progressive (snowball) melee at the barrier. Most of the normal rules of
barrier combat will apply to this tournament, although some exceptions will
be made to accommodate the large number of people in the later rounds. (A
short list of the rules can be found at the end of this message.)

	In order to enter the list, each fighter must present a prize upon
sign up at the list mistress' table. All of the prizes will be gathered and
given to the captain of the winning team. That captain will then distribute
the prizes amongst their team as they see fit. A pair of steel gauntlets
will be awarded to the captain as the grand prize for winning the
tournament.

	When thinking of a prize that you should bring for entry into the
lists, a suitable prize would be something that you would like to receive as
a prize. Don't worry about bringing something that is too grand, but please
don't use this tournament as an opportunity to get rid of some old junk that
you'd otherwise throw away. :)

	I look forward to seeing all of you at the barrier!

	Sir Pendaran Glamorgan

	Rules of the Barrier:

	Fighters are to stand with the toe of their lead foot at the base of
the barrier.
	(In later rounds when there are a great many fighters, there may be
rows of fighters.
	If a fighter is not in the front row and therefore can not stand at
the barrier, he should 	move to the barrier as soon as he is able to do so.)

	Fighters are not allowed to move away from the barrier unless they
are physically pushed
	away from it. In such a case, the fighter is to move back to the
barrier immediately.

	If a fighter moves away from the barrier to avoid a blow,  that
fighter will be called
	dead (much like a fighter who steps into the "water" in a bridge
battle).

	Great weapons are encouraged barrier (particularly in the early
rounds when there 	aren't as many fighters at the barrier), but spears
and single swords will be 	allowed. 	Shields will not be allowed
at the barrier at any time.

	If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at
twinoak at texas.net .
	I will go over the rules prior to the beginning of the tournament,
and will also answer 	questions there.
	Pendaran