[Chemin-noir] Brewing Class

Michael Kahn Kahn at West-Point.org
Wed May 14 23:12:40 PDT 2008

I made the trip down to High Gravity in Tulsa to get the yeasts, the
beer kit, and a thermometer (I forgot to bring mine up from OKC).  It
wasn't all about the class - I also bought a couple of kegs and a few
other things related to kegging.  Tonight (Wednesday), I started the
comparison batch of mead with a boiled wort.  I had hoped to be able to
start the three small batches to test the different yeasts, but just ran
out of time.  With luck, there will be time tomorrow night, but that has
nothing to do with the class.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me, you can call me on my cell
phone:  (405) 627-5674.  I received word that four people will be coming
tomorrow evening, but feel free to come out even if you weren't able to
let me know in advance..  Just a warning that parking is tight here at
my part of Lexington Commons.  My apartment is 873 Revere Way West.
When you drive into the complex (using the Revere Way West entrance -
it's to the east of the main entrance), my building is the first on the
left.  You'll probably end up driving past a little ways in order to
find a parking space.  We'll be making beer for Coronation and mead for
next year.

Remember - you really can't buy good mead.  It's really not hard to
make, and the basic equipment you need isn't very expensive.  The
patience required is the hardest part.  More mead makers means more mead!

  In Service,
    Miles Grey