CR - Stargate/Loch fighter practice

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Fri Apr 23 08:50:32 PDT 1999

At 10:11 AM 4/23/99 -0500, you wrote:

>On another note, we are considering moving both The Loch's and
>Stargate's
>weekly practices to another day and time.  The best option so far seems
>to be Tuesday nights around 7:00pm.  We are also thinking about having
>only one practice location, possibly on the main UH campus.  If anyone
>is
>violently opposed to or supportive of this, reply to me or show up at
>practice and let us know.  We will have a test practice at Alexis' house
>on Tuesday, May 4th at 7:00.  There will also be another fighter get
>together at Alexis' on Friday, May 7th at 6:30.  More details will
>follow.
>
>Be well,
>Ulsted

One problem with using the UH campus:  There MUST be a registered student
organization sponsoring the practice.  PLUS, at least one person in
attendance MUST be a student.  Everyone at the practice would be the guest
of that student; otherwise, they're considered to be trespassing on State
property.

I'd love to see the practice at UH resumed, but we do need to follow
guidelines.  We need at least 3 UH-Main Campus students willing to act as
officers for the student organization.  (BTW, this will also give us the
ability to reserve a room one night a week in the University Center which
could be used for meetings or guilds.  The trick being that only the head
Officer of the organization can reserve the room.  It would also give us
the ability to post flyers on campus --- good for recruitment.)

I'm willing to put my name down as Staff Sponsor for the organization, but
rules prohibit me from being an officer of the student organization.  If
there are any students out there who are willing to act as officers, let me
know.

In Service,
~Adela
(formerly Staff Sponsor for the College of Twr Cath, UH-Main Campus)