CR - Stargate Youth Rapier (directions)

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Mon Aug 30 07:30:12 PDT 1999

Greetings,

>From Don Christoforo and Ly. Adela,
Acting Youth Rapier Marshals for the Barony of Stargate.

We will be hosting an organizational meeting for Youth Rapier in the
Stargate area this coming Tuesday, August 31st.  It will be at our home,
beginning at about 7 pm.

This will be a meeting for interested youths, ages 12-17, and their
parents.  (Both parent and child should attend.)  We will be discussing
what is necessary in order for practicing to begin (waivers, armor
requirements, equipment, etc.) and answering questions.

We are willing to assist with everything from drafting armor patterns to
ordering equipment.  If you have fabric that you'd like to use for making
armor, bring a washed and thoroughly nuked (ie. dryer set on 'extra high')
sample (1/3 yard) and we'll put it through the punch-tester.  We hope to
have our 'scientific' punch-tester built and working by then.  [Please, do
not purchase yards and yards of armor fabric without first having a sample
tested.]  If you have any hand-me-down equipment (armor, blades, masks,
etc.) that you're interested in using, bring it along too.

We would like to hold YR practices at our home on Tuesdays beginning at 7
pm.  Our home is near Loop 610 & I-10 East (not too far from the combined
Baronies' UH practice).

DIRECTIONS:

Make your way to I-10 E and Loop 610 (on I-10 East, heading east towards
Baytown).

Take the second exit after Loop 610 (Holland/John Ralston).
Turn Right onto Holland Ave.

Go through:
	stop sign
	light & RR tracks
	stop sign

Look for a Diamond Shamrock gas station on the left.
After the gas station, there will be a left turn lane (get in it).
Turn Left at the first street after the gas station (Lane St.).
NOTE:  there is no traffic light or stop sign.

Drive through one stop sign and to the end of Lane St.
At the end, turn Left onto Serpentine.

Our house is 2.5 blocks down and on the right.
White house, white carport, black trim, sick tree.
1649 Serpentine (in Jacinto City)

In Service,
Christoforo & Adela

713-330-3125  home (no calls after 9:30 please)
713-743-9698, ask for Amy (work, weekdays)
AForsyth at UH.edu

PS:  Please feel free to pass this information along to people who may not
have e-mail.  If you are unable to attend this meeting, but would like
information or assistance in getting your gear together for Youth Rapier,
feel free to contact us privately.