CR - Anyone for a demo on the 10th?

Greg Gagnon greg.gagnon at info-ideas.net
Fri Jul 2 06:32:29 PDT 1999

We have a request to do a demo on the 10th for a cubscout camp.  There
should be a couple of hundred people there and it is a wonderful chance,
but it is opposite ATYC.  If anyone is going to be in the Houston/Conroe
area and can do something there, please contact me.  Thank you.  Some
details below.

Cian
cian at ghg.net
713.659.2201 - work (ask for Greg)
281.855.2269 - home

I realize this is very short notice, but my request is to see if we can
arrange some sort of small demo for our concluding Saturday Family Day
at
camp on Saturday, July 10th, from around 10:30am - noon.

Our Day Camp theme this year is "Back to the Future" and during the week
we
have dedicated one day as a Medieval day with things loosely related to
knights, etc. On Saturday, we have our final wrap-up fun day for the
boys
to bring their families and siblings to camp and show off the camp and
the
activities and crafts they have participated in. We have 125 boys
enrolled
in camp, and will probably have about 75-100 boys and their families on
Saturday (about 300 people). The format for Saturday is pretty open,
arrivals beginning around 10:00am with field activities (hikes, glider
races, crafts, etc.) until noon. At noon we have a picnic and program of
boy scout skits, songs, and awards at the pavilion concluding by 2:00pm.

What I am in need of is something simple, a few folk to come attired and
maybe demo their craft or specialty in a fair-like setting. Sword
fighting
would certainly be a big hit. Any demos could be interactive with events
announced or just happening whenever. I am not asking for any sort of
formal program (although an unexpected sword fight in the pavilion
during
the program might be fun).

Our camp is held at Camp Strake Cub World which is south of Conroe, just
north of the San Jacinto River. Our facility includes a large covered
open-air pavilion and plenty of wide open spaces (both under trees and
open
field) for whatever is needed. The only restrictions we have is that we
cannot do anything with explosives/gunpowder or any liquid fuels. Any
fires
must be propane gas or wood and must be contained in a pit or grill.
Other
than that, we can accommodate most anything.

If you think this is something that can be arranged, I can fax you a
map,
directions, etc. I would like to be able to send home an advertising
flyer
on the first day of camp on Tuesday, July 6th to let people know that
you
will be there.