CR - Meat Pies

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Tue Mar 30 14:53:10 PST 1999

Mistress Neassa, Baroness of the Stargate stated:

>I want to have a class one month on how to make meat pies, but I've
>never done that. Meliora made some great meat pies for last year's
>Tourney by the Loch, but when I asked her to teach she about hurt
>herself laughing. I intend to ask Godwin, who makes a killer meat pie,
>but I would love to have more cooks/recipes. Got any ideas?

Two points, Mein Barunin...

Soon-to-be-Baroness Coteau gave a class on meat pie construction at a SummerThing
that I was fortunate enough to attend.  As my wife Teleri will attest to, I've had some
luck with meat pies since that class, and would be happy to share what I've learned
by trial and error!  But bear in mind, what Coteau taught us was not even remotely
period - but quite tasty!!

Secondly, I hail from Louisiana - there is a small town in La. known as
Natchitoches (oldest settlement in the La. Purchase) that has a restaraunt
known as Lazionne's - this restaraunt is known for the meat pies they make!
So well known that they sell thousands of these meat pies long distance!!
     And I have their recipe!

So.... when is this class?    {wink!}

Herr Manfred von Wolf
aka
the Louisianian known as Joe... uh... Jeaux!