CR - Ansteorran Youth Fencing

Ledonna tavy at swbell.net
Sat May 8 13:25:28 PDT 1999

Greetings,

As some of you may know, we are working on a set of Youth Rapier Rules
so that children (ages 12-17) can practice the sport of rapiers. "The
goal of Ansteorran Youth Fencing is to recreate the fencing schools of
Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries using buttoned foils.  Such combat
was one on one and was used for training students in the art of rapier
combat."

It is our goal to have a SMALL demo of Youth Rapier fighters at 20th
Year in July.  I would like to know how many parents are interested in
letting their children participate in the Coastal region.

There are two age groups for this form of combat: 12-14 years and 15-17
years with specific rules for each.  If you would like a copy of the
rules and/or would be interested in your child participating in this
program please let me know.

As of now there is to be no Youth Rapier at practice.  (We have to wait
for the rules to pass.)  I am just looking for interesed parents and
fighters.  Thanks!

I remain in service
HL Delphina de Champeaux
tavy at swbell.net
713-664-1882 (no calls after 9:00pm-thanks)

Senechalls of the local groups please pass this information on to anyone
in your group who may not have access to the internet. Thank you.