CR - UH practice site debate: who counts

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Wed May 19 15:36:23 PDT 1999

At 03:10 PM 5/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>(taken from the on-line kingdom laws)
>Section 5: Institutional Branches
>
>   1.The Crown may recognize an Institutional Branch which will be, usually,
>centered around a university or military base, whose membership may
>fluctuate considerably from time to time, formed under the protection of a
>Barony or Province. Institutional Branches associated with colleges or
>universities shall be styled as a College. Institutional Branches associated
>with a Military Installation may be styled as a Stronghold or Port.
>   2.An Institutional Branch must meet the requirements listed below:
>      1.At least five (5) subscribing members of the SCA, Inc. An
>Institutional Branch may be declared temporarily inactive due to reduced
>membership from time to time and then restored to active status again when
>its membership increases.
>      2.A warrantable seneschal, herald, treasurer, and knight marshal. If
>there are no fighters in the group, a minister of arts and sciences may
>replace the knight marshal.
>      3.A name which has been registered with the College of Arms.
>   3.Membership in an Institutional Branch is based upon affiliation with
>the institution, rather than upon residence in a given area.
>(end quoted material)
>

>As you can see we only need a few, read 3, 4, or 5, SCA members to create an
>"official" SCA group.

As I'm reading it the Campus group would need 5 registered SCA members and
4 officers.  I can tell you from experience that this is a very dangerous
situation.  It's extremely easy to lose one or two members to dropping
classes.

>What is the requirement for an on campus organization?  Two?, three?, or are
>more members necessary?  At UH/Downtown only three students are needed.

3 officers who must be students.

>Also, I have attended UH central for 3 hours (or more.)  Should it be
>necessary I can become an Alumni member.
>
>Trying to help,
>
>Othar Morganson  Stargate, Ansteorra  morganson at hotmail.com
>                         or
>Jerry Dreifuerst  Houston, Texas  jerryd at neosoft.com

I'll be posting a larger explaination for what I'm saying in response to
Hillary's message in just a minute.

~Adela