CR - Yes, > Nay! I deny it!

Cian Conor MacQuaid cian at ghg.net
Thu Sep 9 19:01:44 PDT 1999

Distracted, perhaps, but not an idiot.

Cian

Stargate's Baronial Championship tournament will be held this weekend,
September 10-12, at Lake Houston State Park (near New Caney, Texas). Site
opens at 5 pm on Friday, and closes at 1 pm on Sunday. Site fee is $7 for
adults and $3 for ages 6-12; children under 6 are free. The feast is $6, and
features "succulent grilled meats" (i.e. steak!). A free hotdog feast is
available for children 12 and under.

Our Chivalric, Rapier and Archery champions will be determined on Saturday.
A feast and court will be held Saturday evening, followed by dancing (both
European and Middle Eastern) and revelry. Our Equestrian champion will be
determined on Sunday morning, during which time we will also hold melee
practices with our friends and neighbors in the coastal region.

It's ok to drink alcohol on site, but your beverage must be in a period
container. Also, this is a semi-wilderness area so you must keep a careful
eye on your children at all times.

Take your best route to US-59, about 18 miles northeast of Houston. Take the
New Caney exit (FM 1485). Go east to FM-494, then go south about 1/3 mile.
Turn left on FM-1485 (cross the railroad tracks) and go about 2 miles east
to Baptist Encampment Road. Turn right (south), then follow the SCA signs to
the site.  The road will wind around quite a bit, but there should be plenty
of signs to
direct you.