CR - Stargate / Loch Solleir Siege Guild

Steelquist, John John.Steelquist at csoconline.com
Tue Apr 25 11:44:39 PDT 2000

Lawrence,

I would imagine that our first project will probably be a bungeelista or
two.  Do you have any modifications to the general plans or specific pieces
of advice about the construction / operation of same?  I'd like to
incorporate a winch system similar to the one that Brad Leah had on their
balistas.

As far as the siege tower, decking plans should be sufficient.  Be aware
that some decks are 'spongy' and / or not meant to support anything more
than temporary weight.  If your floor is also a structural member of the
overall tower (stiffener, weight transfer, support, etc), it is important to
consider this in your selection of decking, spacing of joists, and joinery
methods (decks are usually designed only to support vertical loads, you will
probably have some horizontal strength requirements, too).  Oh, and for
general structural stability - triangles are your friends.

Ulsted