CR - Music Guild meeting and Bardic Workshop and ...

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Thu Jun 29 22:57:55 PDT 2000

Just a reminder that the Music Guild will meet at the combined Stargate/Loch
Sollier fighter practice at University of Houston Main Campus, Entrance 13.
We will meet from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.  This month's work will be
"Carolingian Pavane" (aka "Figured Pavane" or "Belle Qui").  Last month's
song was "Gathering Peascods".  If anyone has a favorite they would like to
practice, please make suggestions so that I can present them to the guild.

Also, the bardic workshop will meet right after the Music Guild practice at
the same place.  Garb is optional.  The bardic workshop is designed to give
people a chance to work on their bardic, whether it's to hone a piece before
a competition or perform for a public audience in an informal setting.  Be
aware that there are "attack requesters" who, from time to time, will
request songs to be sung or stories to be told.

Finally, the beginning recorder workshop continues at HE Lissa's and Sir
Godwin's house on the 2nd Monday of each month.  I will be teaching some
introductory music theory (the usage of time signature, key signature, etc.)
as well as exercises for playing recorder.  Currently there are a
combination of soprano and tenor recorders (fingerings are similar and
they're in the same key).

In service to The Dream, with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer