CR - Free Passes for Texas Rennaisance Festival!

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Fri Sep 22 05:23:47 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the populace from Gerald of Leesville, deputy liaison for the
SCA at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.

With the time approaching for the opening of the fair, many of you are
asking, "So where do I get MY pass?"  And what a deal!  Three hours of work
doing what you do in the SCA anyway and then you have the rest of the day to
wander the fair and savor the wonderful foods, shop for exotic items, and
generally have a good time.  Artisans, bring your crafts and practice them
for three hours.  Fighters, a chance to fight three times in front of
cheering crowds of hundreds.  Bards, musicians, performers; show your skills
on the stage or perform in front of the compound to the passing crowds.

I am happy to answer that His Excellency Brian du Val will once again be
coordinating the passes for TRF this year.  He asked me to publish the
following for everyone's information:

Please give him the following information:

    Mundane name
    SCA name
    address and phone number
    e-mail address
    and what area they plan to help in.

HE Brian can be reached by the following methods:

e-mail  -  cobalt60 at lcc.net

or

telephone - 936-295-4671

The third weekend, opposite crown tourney, is still available for
sponsorship.  Sponsorship can be by a barony, canton, college, or shire,
household, and combinations there-of.  The biggest responsibility of a
sponsoring group is to provide a group of people (fighters, artisans, and
interested peoples) to serve in a demo at the site for the weekend.  We
provide a "staff" of coordinators who will help guide activities and provide
any information for the group concerning what to do, when, and where.  We
encourage groups to treat the weekend as a mini-event, with tourneys inside
the compound as well as bardic competitions, artisan competitions, etc.  The
surrounding area provides a wonderful atmosphere, and we provide a wonderful
demo atmosphere for the 35,000+ people who come to the fair each day.

If you are interested in sponsoring a weekend, or co-sponsoring a weekend,
please contact me at

jerryn at houston.rr.com  or 281-773-7922

or the Liaison, Ld Ambrose Blackwood at

ambrose_blackwood at yahoo.com  or 713-983-0137

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer