[Coastal] Houston Center for Contemporary Craft

MGreene@mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Wed Jul 25 07:11:07 PDT 2001

I thought I would forward this to the SCA Coastal list, for those in the
Houston and surrounding areas... those artisans of our group may be
interested in this opportunity to show their 'historical' wares as well as
their contemporary versions.
Best of luck to you all.
Hillary

---------------------- Forwarded by Marsha Greene/MIS/Houston/MPAN on
07/25/2001 09:09 AM ---------------------------

Subject:  Houston Center for Contemporary Craft

We at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, a new nonprofit craft
organization and exhibition space, are dedicating ourselves to becoming a
thriving creative center for crafts education, collaboration, and
exhibition.  Until now, Texas has had limited exposure and education in the
ever-growing craft movement.  Located on Main St., in the heart of the
museum district, we will bring greater craft awareness to the 4th largest
city in the U.S.  Our mission is to advance education about the process,
product and history of craft.  Our Inaugural exhibition  "Defining Craft 1:
Collecting for the New Millenium" from the collection of the American Craft
Museum-  New York City opens September 21st , 2001.

We are striving to bring to Houston up and coming artists as well as
established ones that are not currently exposed in town. We are currently
seeking entries for our sales gallery to coincide with our prestigious
grand
opening exhibit!  The sales gallery will consistently encompass a broad
range of fine craft techniques year round.  Work available to us primarily
on consignment will be paramount to accomplishing our goals. I have 10
years
experience in running a fine craft gallery and am making sure that our
record keeping and payment schedules for artists is both timely and
mutually
profitable. We would truly like to make a difference to crafts in Houston!

All submissions should include visuals (preferably slides),biography,
retail
prices, and date of shipping availability.  Submissions will be reviewed
continuously starting July 15, 2001 by a small committee of advisory board
members made up of artists and collectors. HCCC will be always be open to
submissions for either the sales gallery or the exhibition space. Feel free
to pass this along to anyone you feel would have an interest in this
exciting opportunity!

Contact: Amy Schilder
Direct: 713-412-0314
amy_schilder at hotmail.com

Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
4848 Main Street
Houston, Texas  77002
713-529-4848
Fax 713-529-1288
hccc at crafthouston.org
www.crafthouston.org

     Looking forward to a successful future together!
     Amy Schilder