[Coastal] rain, flood and UoH

Baronman@aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 10:40:39 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/11/2001 10:38:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbculver at hotmail.com writes:

<< or those with smelly water wet carpet, that was dried out enough to keep
 >it...(read...wet/dry vacs are a great investment)... I have a solution for
 >the odor and stain. The professional carpet guy that cleaned my carpet
 >with I had a internal plumbing flood some months back, suggested buying the
 >odor/stain cleaner from the petstore. It's strong enough for your pet
 >odor and does a great job with the moldy musty wet smell as well. Best of
 >luck, Hillary

    I have been a custodian most of my adult life. I would say in addition, if
 you received a "good" soaking which was prolonged, go ahead an get the foam
 padding underneath your carpet replace when possible.  You can treat the
 carprt all you want but most of your mold and bacteria will fester there.  It
 will retain moisture longer, it more porous, and and dark-- perfect for all
 sort of microorganisms you would rather not know about. :)

 Godspeed,
 Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding >>

If the carpet has only gotten wet for a short period of time-Pull it all
up-Clorox the foundation-dry out the carpet -- replace the padding, and hope
for the best-HOWEVER-if it has been submerged completely-kiss it good bye-the
mold that will grow under the carpet can injure you by affecting your health.
Not worth it
BEEN THERE_DONE THAT!!!!!

Bors