[Coastal] Loch Soilleir Guardian-May 17-19

Diana Steelquist baroness_cateau at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 12:31:21 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Unto the good gentles of the Rapier Community,

Baron Ulsted and I picked the format for the selection of our next rapier
champion.  A Passage of Arms is not a traditional list.  There will be no list
mistress, only the ladies gallery to determine the manner of the pairings.  At
the beginning, you will be asked to declare for either the French or English
camp. A pavillion will be provided for each camp's use. Be prepared for
matched weapons, melee and (we hope) a barrier scenario. Some additional
scenarios may be presented depending on the ingenuity of our current champion
and time available.  I recommend you remain ready at all times to take the
field as the will of the Ladies is sometimes impetuous.

 A helm show will be held before morning court.  What I'd like to see is some
attempt to decorate your mask.  You will not have to fight with any
decorations on because I think that could be a safety issue.  You may present
a mask or helm which has been decorated only for the helm show and fight with
your regular mask.

Those who act with courtesy and chivalry both on and off the field will be
rewarded.

Heraldry is strongly encouraged, both by voice and decorative arraignments of
your persons.  Please present a letter of intent if you wish to vie as our
Rapier Champion.  All rapier combatants in our area are encouraged to attend
and participate in the spectacle. You do not need a letter of intent to play.

I look forward to seeing the grace and skill of you all at our event.

Baroness Cateau d'Ardennes