[Coastal] Loch Soilleir Guardian-May 17-19

John F Steelquist ulsted at juno.com
Mon May 13 13:13:52 PDT 2002

On Sun, 12 May 2002 18:50:29 -0500 kevin wilson <kwilson at ev1.net> writes:
> I'm unfamiliar with the Passage of Arms for the Rapier Tournament.
> What is
> it that is expected?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Corvin di Fenarro

Good my Lord, and all others interested,

We are planning on three rounds, one hour each.  The first will be a
Challenge round, where fighters from each side will freely challenge
their opponents in honorable combat, using any weapons or styles, perhaps
even with seconds.  The second round will be at the barrier, with the
Ladies gallery aiding in the weapons and opponent choices.  The final
round will be a matched weapons round, with the Ladies once again
selecting the weapons and opponents.  A Grande Melee will quite likely
finish the event.

I would remind all participants that letters of intent have been
requested from those who would claim the title of our Champion.  You may
send them to myself or My Good Lady at baroness_cateau at hotmail.com .
Further, this is not a traditional tourney.  You fight to display your
Prowess, and Courtesy, and Honor, and to entertain the gathered Ladies.
There will be no eliminations, and a bout may be ended without a clear
victor if these conditions have already been served.  Also, there will be
a helmshow before the beginning of the tournament, where your helmets
should be displayed clean and with decoration.  The decoration may be
removed for combat.

I believe it will be a glorious day, with many bold and wondrous acts
done.  I welcome all who would join us to celebrate the Honor of Our
Ladies and Lords, good Gentles all.

Ulsted,
Baron of Loch Solleir