[Coastal] This Weekend at TRF

Kim & Tom Smith smithfamily at paxway.com
Mon Nov 4 20:24:46 PST 2002

Greetings unto all Good Gentles of the Stargate, and Ansteorra:

The Canton of Westgate is hosting this upcoming weekend - the 9th and 10th of November - at the Texas Renaissance Festival. We invite one and all to come out and enjoy this weekend with us, have fun, and show our skills and knowledge to the wider world.

In addition to the usual fighting activities, we will be holding bardic and arts & sciences competitions. The bardic competition will be held on Saturday, and will be open to all forms of performance, including music, dance, and theater. Performances for the competition will be held on the stage in the SCA compound throughout the day. Of course, even if they aren't being performing for the judges, we welcome all bards to come out and entertain us and the public.

The arts & sciences competition will be held on Sunday. Judging will be done by popular vote of both the SCA populace, and the fair patrons that visit with us. Formal documentation is not required, however we do ask that the artisan provide a written description of the entry - what it is, and how it was made - so that patrons can understand what they are looking at. Displays for the competition will be left up all day. Please bring folding tables and covers to set up your display, if needed. There are some tables at the site, but the number is limited. Your display should be set up by 10:00, if possible. Judging will start at 10:30 and go on to 4:00.

Following the competitions, the champions of each day will choose someone as "Queen of Love and Beauty" (or Prince Consort of Handsomeness, as the case may be) to reign over our evening festivities.

Saturday night, we will have food, music, and dancing in the compound after closing. A good time should be had by all.

The best inducement for coming out this weekend, however, is that the current forecast is for good weather this weekend! (No more soggy feet, Huzzah!)

Yours Despotically,

Thomas atte Woode and Kemma Delamare

Co-autocrats