[Coastal] GW Cook tent

Kathryn Norris kati at houston.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 20:25:12 PST 2004

Here are my notes from our last post-GW party:
Post Gulf Wars Meeting Notes
1. easal board for shopping list; use bulletin board and paper list so it
won't be erased
2. use board for cooking menus and shopping lists
3. line up stoves on one table
4. bring extra shelves for dish drying rack
5. use walls or tarp to close gaps in common area tent roof
6. dig trench around kitchen and common area
7. use 3 square tubs for washing dishes, not sink or collapsible tubs
8. for the shower - need more water pressure and it requires batteries.
Galen and Godwin will work on better enclosure and  2 pallets (I've been
told that the shower will remain the same this year.  Just remember that we
survived it fine last year.)
9. new torches for main trench-pathway
10. bring hay for dining room floor
11. Do not plan to so projects at war.  Everything must be done before going
12. Everyone needs to help Lissa with takedown since Godwin will be working
as landocrat.  Just take down and fold neatly. Do not pack.  (Lissa won't be
going this year, but Godwin will probably still need our help.)
13. Plant grass seed in winter, rye in November.  Also add lime to lower the
acidity level.  Go back in spring and plant bermuda grass and fertilize.
14. rent kitchen tent for $200
15. call and invite Cantons over to visit our common area
16. keep putting period pavilions on the outside to look nicer from road
17. chafing dishes are good. bring lots
18. need to build power box with mariene batteries
19. Godwin will look into getting approval for our getting power & water
into camp