[Coastal] Coastal Guard at Gulf Wars

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Feb 24 10:34:05 PST 2004

I am not questioning the wisdom of having a guard  but  I am
wondering...

What changes have been made to the way security is being
administered that would lead us to believe that there will be more
security concerns this year?

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com

Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> said:

> With changes at Gulf Wars in the way Security is being
administered this year; per discussion on
> another list, each campsite area may wish to establish their own
'Guard'.  While it's always a
> good idea to keep your most important valuables on your person
(ie. money); this may be good way
> to secure the camps.  I propose that the Coastal Region set up a
'Coastal Guard' (couldn't resist
> the similarity to 'Coast Guard' <grin>).
>
> Stargate and other groups own walkie-talkies, so one could be left
for the on-duty 'Coastal Guard'
> to use if any problems.  Our Coastal Liaison, Galen, considers
this a good idea, but would need a
> deputy 'Head Guard' to handle it (setup a schedule, secure the
walkie-talkie, keep batteries on
> hand for the unit, etc.).
>
> So, is there any interest in setting up a 'Coastal Guard'?  The
Head Guard would setup 4-6hour
> shifts to stay at the Coastal camp, and do a periodic walk
through/around the camp to ensure