[Coastal] Part singing update

John F. Hirling jhirling at houston.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 14:21:42 PST 2004

Greetings Ansteorrans --

Stargate-Madrigal (a name chosen only because "Madrigal' was already taken and Ansteorra-Madgrigal or SCA-Madrigal would have been presumptuous) now has 25 members kingdom wide.  The list is primarily for those in the SCA interested in singing polyphonic pieces from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, secular and sacred. The list originates in the Barony of Stargate, Kingdom of Ansteorra but welcomes all interested persons.  We particularly encourage Ansteorrans so that we might get together for some 'pick-up' singing at events.  It would be wonderful is we could get something together for the 25th Aniversary.  I may try my hand at writing a four-part for the event but no promises.  I'd encourage anyone else interested to give it a shot as well.

News from the list:
10 files are on line in NoteWorthy and Master Dafydd (David Greagg) of Lochac has graciously permited a link to his Virtual Songbook which includes over 30 additional pieces.
Our local group has decided that a second practice would be fun and helpful as so we're going to two practices a month.

--ihon