[Coastal] Coastal Coordination

benliz benliz at ev1.net
Mon Apr 18 19:53:44 PDT 2005

Tessa writes:
    Three years back, well four, really, when a coastal group was
organizing the Revival of the Guardian of the Gauntlet, which then was
held in April, 2002 at the BorderKeep, Rebeka, Ansgar, Leah, Simonn,
myself, and a committee of others including Armand and Caitrin De Lacy
tossed around the idea of a coastal "regional" device, because we were
all cooperating to make that event happen;  we really didn't push a
device, banner, because we felt/ feel so much to heart about being
Ansteorran.
    Every group did something to make Garudian of the Gauntlet Revival
happen. Stargate furnished the tables for feast; Bordermarch ministered
the lists and supplied the site-crats; Greywood cooked the feast and
furnished the marshal-crat; Sea Winds made the site tokens ... oh, they
were these nifty little velvet gauntlets about the size of your
thumb...;  Loch brought banners to spruce up the site; I surely
misremember some of this but it was like Gate's Edge sat gate and
Westgate helped set up and clean up.  Everybody pitched in on every
level with every task to make a successful regional event.
    Well... at these planning meetings which spanned 9 or 10 months,
we'd chew over the idea of a banner for Coastal.   Probably a black
field with a gold crescent (representing the shape of the coast) or vice
versa, yada, and an Ansteorra star in chief, or superimposed over the
crescent; with a line of embattlement dividing the chief.  You can tell
I am not a herald.

None of us ever did anything with paper work to start to register a banner.

Personally, blue is my very fav color, and it has become recognizable as
coast.
I like the idea of a "sleeve" badge to indicate local branches.
And I'm highly in favor of black and gold, in which ever pattern results.
Thank you, YrExcellencies of Bordermarch, for bringing up the idea again,
Tessa