[Coastal] Coastal Coordination

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 12:45:41 PDT 2005

--- coastal-request at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:58:18 -0500
> From: Kim Tucker <neassa at swbell.net>
> Subject: [Coastal] Coastal Coordination
>
> HE Caitrin De Lacy wrote:
> >   Here within our barony, some of us have been tossing around ideas
> > for a Coastal Banner that would represent all groups within the
> > Coastal Region. How does everyone feel about the Coastal Region having
> > their on banner? This could be used at Wars, Coastal regional combined
> > events, etc.
>
> This was what Stargate and the Loch had tried to do with the Defenders
> of the Coast about 5-6 years ago. :-) We managed to bring together the
> greater Houston area of Westgate, Gate's Edge, Loch Soillier and
> Stargate, however the idea didn't catch on as much with many of the
> other groups. Some of these groups were forming their own war bands at
> the same time, or perhaps had something local already in place.
<snip>
> I do have one strong recommendation: Make whatever heraldry we come up
> with black and gold. :-)
> How does that sound?
> Neassa

I sorta recall the marshallate this year, was encouraging fighting units to wear the Ansteorran
gold & black tabard, so as to look like a horde of locusts in the war battles.

Keeping with that theme, each fighter in the Coast should wear to war an Ansteorran tabard, but
put a sleave dag on the left arm for their home branch badge, and a dag on the right arm for the
Coastal badge.  I sorta like the idea of keeping 'blue' in the Coastal badge as the Coastal region
forms the gulf water barrier to our kingdom.

My .02cents, Hillary