[Coastal] Coastal Coordination

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Sun Apr 17 18:58:18 PDT 2005

HE Caitrin De Lacy wrote:
>   Here within our barony, some of us have been tossing around ideas
> for a Coastal Banner that would represent all groups within the
> Coastal Region. How does everyone feel about the Coastal Region having
> their on banner? This could be used at Wars, Coastal regional combined
> events, etc.

This was what Stargate and the Loch had tried to do with the Defenders
of the Coast about 5-6 years ago. :-) We managed to bring together the
greater Houston area of Westgate, Gate's Edge, Loch Soillier and
Stargate, however the idea didn't catch on as much with many of the
other groups. Some of these groups were forming their own war bands at
the same time, or perhaps had something local already in place.

While I am not one to promote *too* strong of a Regional identity, I am
very happy to call the other groups in the Coastal Region my neighbors
and friends. Perhaps we could come together this summer or fall, maybe
at Autumn Melees, and discuss this? :-) This tends to be a well
attended event and gives us plenty of time for folks to be thinking
about the idea.

I do have one strong recommendation: Make whatever heraldry we come up
with black and gold. :-)

How does that sound?

Neassa