[Coastal] question for the Houston area ...

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 19 14:26:17 PDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Brian O'hUilliam wrote:

> As I recall, they USED to not allow equestrian activities or archery.
> However, my understanding is that they are now allowed in some
> areas of the
> park.  We had actually tried to get it for Loch Guardian this year,
> but it
> was booked.
>
> Brian

Yes, those are the main reasons why we quit using it, to the best of
my recollection.

It's a bit of a pain when you need a site for:
* chivalric
* rapier
* equestrian
* archery
* feast
* camping

...and both equestrian and archery are banned. 67% isn't a very good
grade. :-(

To make matters worse, they were inconsistent in their policy. One
year, we talked to a very nice park ranger prior to the event, who
assured us that everything would be fine. The day of the event, a
different park ranger was in charge and he told us that equestrian
and archery were *not* allowed. He threatened to arrest anyone who
fired a shot, as I recall.

Their policy of locking the gates at 10 pm was just salt in the wound.

So we quit using it, and found more "event friendly" sites to use.

But I agree with the other comments... it was a *beautiful* site.

Michael