[Coastal] question for the Houston area ...

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 19 14:31:36 PDT 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 4:23 PM, Bulgarelli Maria wrote:

> Ulstead,
>
> Thanks for the info.  I thought the $3 per day tripper
> charge was part of it.  I was wondering how it would
> work out as the guy was telling me the prices.  The
> ranger I spoke to said we'd have to be careful about
> drinking.  He said they weren't going to go around
> sniffing peoples drinks so if we did have drinking out
> there it would have to be discretely wet.
>
> This is all great info though.  Thanks Ulstead.  I now
> have something to go on when I go out next weekend.
>
> Maria

Be *very* careful of "discretely wet". Per seneschal's and society
policy, there ain't no such thing.

A site is either wet, or dry. If it's dry, and someone advises you
that you can sneak booze in if you're "discrete", you're just asking
for trouble. All it takes is one "oops" from one drunk reveler with
the wrong law officer on site... or, worse yet, the wrong law officer
finding an "oops" in the hands of a minor... and *someone* is going
to jail. Quite possibly, the event steward.

Some advice from an olde farte: don't go there. Just say "no". :-)

Michael