[Coastal] question for the Houston area ...

hiyoag24 at aol.com hiyoag24 at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 05:09:53 PDT 2007

The biggest problem with the site was, as mentioned, having the horses banned from the main area.  You also had to have someone with the animals at all times - I well remember eating Stargate's feast sitting alone by Penny while everyone partied across the water (I was the only equestrian who didn't day-trip on Sunday)

The archery was banned by the State Park, and was held in the backyard of the ranger's cabin (which apparently was treated as his "private residence").

Loch held their event entirely on the "horsey" side of the park, although the cooking facilities on that end are non-existent, and camping has a bit to be desired (although the showers are on that side!)

FYI - at the time, the "equestrian trails"  consisted of a 2-3 mile dirt road running along the power lines - no turns, no really pretty scenery, no ups & downs.....pretty darned boring.

I also recall the last Tourney held there as one of the most relaxing events I've ever been to - beautiful fighting field, no equestrian to worry about, plenty of shade.....

--Katharyn