[Coastal] Sunday at the park

Kathy Elliott bardkat at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 07:06:17 PDT 2008

Bella's right - it was a fabulous day!  The location was perfect - very
child-friendly with easy parking and restrooms nearby.  Traffic was slowing
and even stopping along Memorial Drive, and several folks on bicycles nearly
ran off the track because they were watching the fighters.  Watch for
pictures in the Houston Press!  We also talked to some newcomers about the
event on April 19, so watch for new faces at Stargate/Loch Baronial!  One of
the newcomers was a fencer in college, and is very interested in meeting
folks from the rapier community.  Non-fighters - bring your A&S projects or
bard books and instruments, a chair, & a willingness to talk about the
Dream, and keep us company in the shade!

In service,
Kat