[Coastal] Coastal Digest, Vol 28, Issue 11

Mea Passavanti mea.passavanti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 13:46:48 PDT 2008

Friends -

While I cannot speak for the fighters, I can speak to the recruitment issue
raised in this post.

For some years now, the emphasis from our Kingdom Hospitaler has been to
actively recruit college students. While they may not have as many available
funds, they certainly have the excess time and energy. We want to focus on
getting them interested and involved so that they participate now - and
continue to do so through out their lives...regardless of where they end up
living.

Everyone finds the SCA in different ways... The Hospitalers of the coast
work very hard not only on recruitment... but retention. We need more
fighters....and artisans, and workers...and...and and.

The only way to find people is to keep venues open. and keep looking for
them. Lets not shut any doors we don't need to.

If dabbling in the SCA gets them interested so that they seek us out later
in life... then we have truly succeeded.

HL Mea Passavanti
Coastal Region Hospitaler - Who is very thankful for the opportunity to of
been in Twr Cath