[DFT] THANK YOU

Seneschal of Dragonsfire Tor via Dragonsfire-tor dragonsfire-tor at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed May 20 11:08:58 PDT 2015

Greetings,

As you all can see from the positive comments posted on Face Book,
Dragonsfire Tor held a fantastic Guardian of the Tor this past weekend.  It
was three days full of fun, fighting, food, and awards; capped off with a
little rain on Sunday morning.   A great event like this doesn’t just
happen; it takes good people and a lot of hard work.

DFT would like to first thank Baron Philippe and Baroness Suzanne of the
Great Barony of Bjornsborg and Baron Gerhart and Baroness Elspeth of our
own Barony of Elfsea for attending our event.  Lord Ravenger was our Event
Steward for this outstanding Guardian of the Tor.  For their hard work
getting ready for this event and for the event planning, we would like to
thank Lady Cairistiona, and Baroness Elspeth. Our thanks to our new Lord
Galladon for stepping up to assist Lord Ravenger.  Lord Galladon worked
tirelessly starting Friday night with set up, helping others set up their
camps, cow patty patrol, Water Bearing, and packing up on Sunday.  We would
like to thank Lady Aaliz for the event ad, and invitations. She also took
on the task of Nastycrat (port-a-jon patrol) without being asked. We would
like to thank Lord Eoghan and HL Janie for all of the behind the scenes
work that they always do starting Friday, to being one of the last ones off
site Sunday.  Thank you Lady Diana for coordinating the potluck dinner and
Lord Ravenger for a great great stir fry.  Thank you Countess Amelot and
Lady Aife for all of your help and kind support.  We would also like to
thank Lady Silvana for being our MOC and running our childrens activities.
And, we would really like to thank Lady Cairistiona for managing the Gate.
I would also like to mention all of the members who sat gate, but I do not
know who all sat gate, Lady Cairistiona could you please help me out by
listing all of their names here.  Lord Ravenger please help me by posting
the names of our List Mistresses and all others I may have left out, who
helped you make this a great event so we can thank them all.

We would like to thank all of our Champions from last year who did a
fantastic job of setting up and running our contests and insuring we have
great Champions representing DFT in the coming year.

*2014 DFT Champions*

Chivalric  - Sir Alejandro

Rapier  -  Herr Andreas

Archery  - Lord Gavin the Younger

Bardic  - Edward of the Forest

*2015 DFT Champions*

Chivalric  - Duke Hrafn

Rapier  -  Don John

Archery  - HL William

Bardic  - Baroness Lauretta

Duke Hrafn is also our *GOLDEN TICKET CHAMPION*

We would like to thank Lord Edwin, HL William, Lord Galladon, Lord Eoghan
and HL Janie for helping with breakfast Saturday morning.  Thank you to all
those who donated food or cash. It is because of your generosity that DFT
was able to donate $25 to the Crown Travel Fund.  And we cannot forget all
of those who added to the potluck dinner, what an awesome meal we had with
great friends.  Lady Aoife did an outstanding Traveler’s Faire on Friday
with an awesome soup and a fantastic beef stew, wow I think I had at least
5 helpings, served with bread and butter.  THANK YOU!

As you can see we had three fantastic days and two nights of FUN, FOOD, and
FIGHTING and it took kind, hard working people from many parts of this
great Kingdom to make it happen.

Please, if I left you out of this letter PLEASE let me know so I can make
it right.

Thank you one and all,

Lord Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire

Seneschal of the Great Canton of Dragonsfire Tor

p.s. Lady Aoife, did you notice, I used AWESOME twice, your awesomeness is
rubbing off on me, oops 3 times now