[DFT] For FUN

Frank Warner via Dragonsfire-tor dragonsfire-tor at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri May 12 11:12:16 PDT 2017

Greetings,

We have nothing but FIGHTING, FUN, and FOOD in store for all who attend
this year’s Dragonsfire Tor’s Guardian of the Tor, being held at Worth
Ranch, BSA Camp, west of Fort Worth, May 19th through the 21st.

For FUN we will have our 2016 Bardic Champion, Baron Uriah of Wolfstar manage
our Bardic competition to determine our 2017 Champion.  This year we are
inviting all Youth Bards to compete against other youth to see just who the
best Youth Bard is at this event. The Youth winner will receive a scroll
and a prize basket. The Youth Bards will compete during Dinner and the
Adult Bards will compete after dinner around a bardic fire.  The Adult
winner will become DFT’s 2017 Champion.  The topic for both the Youth and
Adult Bardic competitions will be to present 3 pieces, through words or
song, that tell of the glory of our Great Canton or of the Barony of Elfsea
or of our stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra.

During the day we will offer Sir Arthur’s Quest.  Sir Arthur of the Fen,
Baron Elfsea, has fun filled quest for all those who wish to answer his
call for this game.  He has been working for about 6 months now putting
this together.  Children are encouraged to play.

Also, Lady Liaden Orlanderson, Elfsea’s Minister of Children’s Activities,
has offered to have some great children’s activities. Times to be
announced.

And just for the fun of it how about throwing some horse shoes after dark?
When we were first talking about this one person suggested we throw the
shoes with the horse still wearing them.  But that was shot down because we
would then have to have equestrian insurance and every one would have to
sign a waiver

So if it is FUN you want, we will have it.

For more information about Dragonsfire Tor’s Guardian of the Tor, please
visit

http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/guardian