ES - Defender

Terry Harper terryharper at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:52:38 PST 1998

Eowyn said...

>> I haven't organized it yet, but there was talk amongst some of the
>> Laurels of Elfsea of doing a 20th year Elfsea Laurel's Prize Tourney.
>> The competition would be judged on documentation of the item.  Like I
>> said, this hasn't been worked out yet.  Haven't talked to all the
>> Laurels within Elfsea, haven't put together rules, haven't done
>> anything except talk about it among a few of us.

Then Galen said.....

>A documentation of A&S competition?  ...  ... OK!?!
>I don't object, but it wouldn't be to my taste.

Now, Reginlief says....

At Gulf Wars, this was one thing that was lacking in the Ansteorran
entries, not all, but enough.  We, artisans, need to know how to do
documentation.  Just as the fighters use a tourney to test themselves,
so can the artisans.  I'd like to see the Barony of Elfsea be a leader
in teaching and training our artisans how to do documentation in a
non-threatening, fun atmosphere.

As a displayer at several body-of-work type artisan competitions, this
was something I never felt really comfortable with.  I LOVE to read and
research, however, I was never sure of "is this enough?"  "is this too
much?"

Okay, I'm of the soap box now!  I'd love to hear what others think of
this.

Reginlief