ES - Defender

ELYSANDRE ELYSANDRE at AOL.com
Wed Apr 1 19:53:49 PST 1998

Simone mentioned a "newbie" (I understand the correct term is now newcomer as
I have been told by several people.) list.  I also mentioned the fact that Sir
Lance and I would like to sponsor a newcomer list to the Baroness and to
Viscount Galen.  I liked your idea about sponsoring the fighters.  What do you
think about the fighter being sponsored by the ladies of the barony rather
than the veteran fighters.  It would give them a reason to present the favor
and the fighter a lady to fight for that day.  Let me know what you think.  We
were thinking about either basket hilts or some useful piece of armor as a
prize.  When you are starting out (or even when your an old hand at fighting)
the costs of armor can become expensive.  We would really like to have rattan
for the prize if we can find some.  Let us hear your ideas.  Does anyone mind
if we sponsor such a list?  Galen would you like to help sponsor it?