ES - Newcomer's List at Guardian of the Tor

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Tue Apr 14 17:31:23 PDT 1998

Unto all good gentles does Lady Genevieve de la Gamba, Rapier Guardian
of Dragonsfire Tor, send greetings:

I am sponsoring a rapier list for all newcomers (those who have been
fighting light for less than one year) in honor of the culmination of my

"reign" as Rapier Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor.  Why a newcomers' list?
Very few newcomers have had the opportunity to win their first
tournament within the first six months of fighting in the SCA.  Fewer of

those are women.  Many lose heart and discontinue a part of their dream
as their enthusiasm fades.  Therefore I hope that this list will
encourage and enbolden many newcomers to participate in the day's
activities.

To the champion of this list, I will present a rapier fighting cloak
made in Dragonsfire Tor's own colors.

Also, let it be known that favors will be granted to all newcomers,
heavy, light, and archery, who participate in the remaining lists.  I
hope sincerely that many of you will fight and continue that part of
your dream.

In Service,

Lady Genevieve de la Gamba
Rapier Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor

PS.

Time and place of list TBA.  Please check with me or the autocrats at
the event on Saturday.
Thanks!