ES - August Moot

CaptnAnn at AOL.com CaptnAnn at AOL.com
Wed Aug 5 03:33:07 PDT 1998

<<... Moot in August will be held on TUESDAY the 4th at the Coors Distribution
Center...  >>

Our greatest apologies to everyone for not making Moot on Tuesday!!  Lord
Charles and I only just returned from our short honeymoon late last evening,
and I am only now able to check my mail.  We didn't stay gone the whole week
because we had made plans to attend Moot on THURSDAY... oh well...  hope
everything went well and we'll be sure to make note of the new sites being
tried out the next two months.  Meanwhile...

... FOOL'S COURT HAS IT'S SITE!!
TO BE HELD at the Lake Arlington Lake House, Saturday October 31, 1998, all
day!
THEME:  'Plague, Plague, Go Away!'

BRING:  yourself, your chair, your potluck dish, your bardic stories (remember
the competition!), your 'anti-plague' court garb, your best dessert (another
competition!), a friend, your masque (an unofficial competition), your games
expertise, your armor and fighting toys, and your big beautiful smiles, and
join us for His Royal Travisty's next and best Fool's Court and Revel!

Lord Charles and I have also agreed and decided that without our SCA children
(those young AND older...) our great society wouldn't be what it is today.  So
in this regard and as a special tribute, there will also be a very special
Halloween quest for the children with prizes!  (donations very welcome!!)
This will run during the Masqued Ball, and those parents not wanting their
children to consume mass quantities of sweets will be pleased to hear that
they will have a choice of candy or small prize for their youngster. More
later.

And to all adults, please make/construct/bring a BLACK POUCH for quest notes,
children's trinkets, and quest clues.  Also more later.

Lady Anne