ES - Gothic War

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:49:28 PDT 1998

>Dear Arabella,  for $32.00 a person, I could supply food for an
>entire event!!!!!  If I were going to spend that much on food to cook
>at an event, well, I'd just go and eat out.  One of the reasons to
>camp and cook together is to save money.  At this amount I'm afraid
>you're going to alienate ALOT of people camping with the Barony.
>
>Just my two-or three- cents worth!

Well, I hope people wouldn't feel alienated by Arabella's suggestion.
Admittedly, $4/per meal/per person is overestimating in my opinion.  But
I think she may have wanted to be on the safe side.  I think we need to
do a volunteer/barter system to help us in putting this on.  A person
who wishes to eat with us donates food (for a number of people, usually
8) or donates time spent cleaning up or helping to prepare the meal in
question.  I think most people can manage that.  It might help to have a
clean-up-sign-up list for those who don't want to cook and a list of
meals to be served during the days of the event so people can contribute
to them.  I think that might be easier than the previous way, with one
"family" cooking the meal for all the others.  Maybe certain people can
bring certain food groups.

Well, they're just suggestions so take 'em and do as you will with 'em.

Love to all,
Allessandre