ES - Gothic War

Terry Harper terryharper at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:54:39 PDT 1998

>IT WAS JUST A SUGGESTION!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Remember we are cooking for SEVEN meals.  Gilli is charging $15 for 4
>meals.  We are going to be on Gothic War site for a whole extra day -
>three more meals than that.

Most people don't eat lunch real regularly, I would suggest for lunch,
to each his own.  Fighters are usually too hot, or not wanting to eat
while fighting.

>Besides we haven't decided what we going to cook anyway.  Sure if you
>want to only eat cereal and sandwiches the whole weekend you can eat
>cheaper.

I can honestly say that in my camp, I have VERY rarely fed only myself
and Tor, I always feed a few extra people, whether it's planned or not,
I almost NEVER spent $32.00 per person, even for a long weekend, we
NEVER eat just "cereal and sandwiches" of which MANY people within the
Barony and the Kingdom can attest, at least a hot breakfast and dinner.

>How much do you spend feeding Tor and yourself for the weekend?  How
>much did you and the Laurels spend on Breakfast at Steppes Warlord?  I
>guarentee you I spent more than you did for dinner on Saturday evening.

THAT, my dear is your own fault!  Why didn't you go in with two or more
others to provide dinner?  Several of us didn't get to eat dinner
anyway, because SEVERAL people not camping with us were invited and
given priority.  There weren't enough places to sit to accomodate the
members of the Barony who were expecting to eat

>If someone else wants to do the co-ordinating I'd be happy to step
>aside.   - Arabella

I was merely trying to point out that MANY of our populace, myself and
Tor included, do not usually spend this amount of money if we are going
to cook in camp.

I never meant to offend, and if I have, I sincerely apologize.

Terry A. Harper                             //\\
aka (SCA)                                   |  |
Mistress Reginlief Ragnarsdottir      /\     ||     /\
Barony of Elfsea                      | \___/--\___/ |
Kingdom of Ansteorra                   \_/  \__/  \_/