ES - Transporting weapons

Mararede at AOL.com Mararede at AOL.com
Fri Jun 12 16:52:03 PDT 1998

   Eadric asks that I add this to the weapons discussion; several years ago
police officers, due to personal liability, became very chary about using
discretionary decision-making. In this case that means this: if an officer
stops you with an illegal weapon, (i.e. all the things we discussed earlier),
he has to take the long-term view: If you go three miles down the road and use
that club on the jerk at Mr. Zipp's convenience store who made a comment about
your tights, he can lose his job. In order to CYA he will follow the letter of
the law; better safe than sorry. Make it the judge's problem.
    As I said, use good judgement and common sense. . . Don't put them on
until you get to the event. Do__not___ wear them in public parks. Don't take
them out to show them to ---anyone____.  Be careful out there.
Mara