ES - Are we welcoming enough?

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Fri May 15 21:16:36 PDT 1998

Now for my 2 cents.

I have been in the SCA 20 years. Yet I remember quite clearly my first
event and how warm people in the SCA then Shire of Ashental (Geneseo, NY)
were to me. Though I have not been as active as I used to be (I now have a
baby), I still try to extend a hello or whatever I can to new people. It is
hard to know sometimes when you have not been very active who the new
people are. A couple were pointed out to me at Spring Faire feast and they
sat at my table. If I can make anyone feel welcome, help them with garb or
beadwork, or other general SCA stuff let me know.

>From the perspective of a person who has only been in Ansteorra and Elfsea
only 2 years, I feel that this is one of the friendliest and warmest groups
I have ever known. You have made my lord, my baby, and I feel quite
welcome. I have only felt this welcome in 2 other groups (The group that I
started in and the group I lived in before I got married 3 1/2 years ago).
While there is always room for improvement, I think Elfsea is doing a great
job.

Sindara