ES - willowdewisp@juno.com (Willow L Taylor): (willow h tayolr): Re: AL -Need data about food

willow l herbert jonwillowpel at juno.com
Sat May 2 01:00:49 PDT 1998

Greetings from Willow
Hii everybody  I have been doing research on Balls and dancing and have
discovered a new eating custom I haven't noticed before. It was called a
Collation in France. It appears to be a sweet table but there is a
mention of liqueurs being served at it.. This meal occurred after the
dinner and in a separate room. My resources don't tell me more about this
custom. Do you have any info on Collations? I would like to know what
kind of sweets and cold food were served and how were they served. Did
Collations take place in other areas and if they were called anything
else.
If you know of anyone who does research on food customs please pass the
question on. I do not have web access.
Thank you
Willow