ES - Miniature Persian Illuminations

Daniel Varble dvarble at flash.net
Sun May 10 20:09:49 PDT 1998

All,

Well I drove to Austin today and looked at the miniature Persian
illuminations.  Today was the last day for the exhibit.

There were only about 4 or 5 were from Persia while about 4 were from
Iran and 3 from India.  All were late 1500 to mid 1600.  For what they
had showed fantastic workmanship and detailed illumination. I liked the
Persian best and I wish there was more of it there to see.  All in all,
it as a very small show.  I would have been very disappointed driving 3
hours from Dallas as opposed to an hour and a half from San Antonio.

Later,
Daniel of Cameron
:{>