ES - My truest of apologies

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Mon Nov 30 04:11:00 PST 1998

>"I had heard that Tristin's NeoNazi army"
>
>    That is a quote from me. That is where my mouth sometimes leads me. I
>so often spout off and say things and wither they are of intent or
>accident they still come out of my mouth.
>    Hello my name is Hengist Redhand, and I would like to apologize to HL
>Tristin and anyone else whom may have taken offense to my comments about
>her troops. I was not there to fight her army nor would I have more than
>likely have done that. I was told her people we the gears of a well oiled
>machine. I had no right to say such a thing about her and her people and I
>am sorry. I was simply attempting to goad the Autherians into a fight with
>hopes they would show to kick our butts at practice.
>
>Again I am sorry if I offended anyone.
>Thank you
>Hengist

Good apology!  Explains without excusing, clearly expressing what was
done wrong and why and how, clearly accepts responsibility.  A+ for
the apology.  But as a rule of thumb, you'll never ever get _anywhere_
you want to be in the SCA with the word "nazi" nor with any derivative.

For the record, the Arthurian Company was soundly defeated by
Mooneschadowe's
Liondragon Guard, which had the advantages of superior numbers (including
more archers) and more decisive leadership (I say that as part of the
defeated leadership).  We enjoyed the advantage of more "big gun"
fighters,
and a higher average level of skill among our troops;  which just goes to
show that discipline and numbers will defeat individual excellence.  Our
opponents conducted themselves in a chivalrous, honorable and
sportsmanlike
fashion before, during and after the battle, and I would cheerfully face
them again or, preferably, fight beside them again as I did briefly at
Gulf
Wars VI.

Centurion Treschen von Asselyn was their commander for two years, but
now they are commanded by Baroness (soon to be Mistress) Gunhilda
Amberstar, who ably led them against us at Three Kings.  Gee, Hengist,
if we'd'a had you, we coulda done better against 'em.  Not to mention
against Trimaris next spring.

- Galen