ES - My truest of apologies

Matthew G. Saroff msaroff at sparc-119.re-ro.com
Mon Nov 30 12:52:15 PST 1998

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Michael Russell wrote:

> "I had heard that Tristin's NeoNazi army"
>
>     That is a quote from me. That is where my mouth sometimes leads me. I so often spout off and say things and wither they are of intent or accident they still come out of my mouth.
>     Hello my name is Hengist Redhand, and I would like to apologize to HL Tristin and anyone else whom may have taken offense to my comments about her troops. I was not there to fight her army nor would I have more than likely have done that. I was told her people we the gears of a well oiled machine. I had no right to say such a thing about her and her people and I am sorry. I was simply attempting to goad the Autherians into a fight with hopes they would show to kick our butts at practice.

Hi,
	This raises the question as to what would be appropriate.  Here
are some alternatives that might be better:
"I had heard that Tristin's Sarasen army"
"I had heard that Tristin's Infidel army"
"I had heard that Tristin's scrufulous army" (Actually this means poor
dresser, but the word is so wonderfully Dickensian)
"I had heard that Tristin's oppressive army" (maybe a bit too post period
in attitude)
"I had heard that Tristin's ravaging army" (Considered a compliment in
some Norse circles)
"I had heard that Tristin's pernicious army"
--
Matthew Saroff
Please send all replies to msaroff at pobox.com
don't cc: me if you are posting to the list.