ES - Your Baroness speaks

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Sat Apr 24 07:46:34 PDT 1999

Lady Elfsea wrote:

> 3) TRT (Their Royal Travesties) cannot have more entourage than His
> Excellency and myself. We usually only have one Lady-in-Waiting, one
> Herald, and two guards at a time, with the others rotating out. If they get
> more, then so should we. (I'm jealous, 'cause we haven't had near as many
> people jump up wanting to be in our entourage!!)

Well, first, you let them call themselves a king and queen, so they
_do_ get more entourage than you, if they can get it.

Second, people jumping up to be part of _their_ entourage are, by
definition, _not_ "sucking up".  Of course, those of us who serve
in royal and baronial entourages aren't sucking up either (and if
anyone doesn't know what a valuable service it is, then they haven't
done it, and probably should talk to the Baroness).

- Galen